Followers

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Cartoon Santa Claus Holding a Sign

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #252

Theme 'Anything Goes with THE COLOUR RED' 

Hello folks, hope you are having a good day :) :) :)

Oh what a struggle lol, it seems everything is mounting up at the moment and I have mislaid my mojo. Normally I love being in my craft room and having some me time but all I want to do at the moment when I get back from work is sleep hahahaha.

No getting out of doing this card as it is for my Grandson and I would never be forgiven if I did not make him one.  Still got to do another for him for his birthday, bless him that is on Christmas Day too.


I decided to make Jay a shaker card this year, he has not had one of these from me before.  Just to personalise it a bit I added text to the sign Santa is holding so he has a check list to see how good he has been this past year (wonder if he can tick them all hahahaha).

The image used for the card is Cartoon Santa Claus Holding a Sign by Ken Benner which I coloured with Polychromos and then fussy cut.  To make the shaker card I used two Spellbinder Grand Squares to make the frame and cut four of them so they could be mounted on top of each other.  The card has 4 layers, the base layer, a white layer, an embossed mat using Tim Holtz 'Wall'.  The final layer is the shaker section, the base is again an embossed mat this time using Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' which I then coloured with a white crayon and then added Ice Stickles.  The top frame was also covered with Ice Stickles and white sequins and clear tiny beads were used for the 'shakes' :) :)

A simple insert was added using Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles and finished off with some red Christmas Stickles.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Cartoon Santa Claus Holding a Sign by Ken Benner
  • Colouring medium - Polychromos
  • Dies - Spellbinder Grand Squares and Scalloped Circles
  • Embossing folders - Tim Holtz 'Brick Wall' and Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes'
  • From my Stash - Ribbon, Ice Stickles, Red Stickles, acetate for window, sequins and beads
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Mimi! Fabulous Santa image and your shade of red is so wonderfully festive! Love all the sequins and your glittery snowflakes too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay is going to love this very special Christmas card Jane. I love the check list. I can't wait to see his birthday card now. Hope you catch up on your sleep and find wherever Mr Mojo is hiding! Hugs Christine xx PS Now I know what you are talking about with the two Jays ... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card and I know that Jay will love receiving it. Such a great idea and I may have to CASE it next year. Hope this has brought your mojo out of hiding. Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a super amazing card and I love Santa's little list. Brilliant design and I am sure he will love it :-) I hope your Mojo bucks up a bit soon.

    It has been such a pleasure working with you on the OSAAT DT and I wish you all the best for Christmas and 2016.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi