Followers

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Leaf

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge 246

Theme 'LEAVES' 

For my 'leaves' creation I first decided on a very simple colour scheme, green and white.  Next I printed the leaf digi from Coosty Creations and coloured this with Pan Pastels then sprayed with Luminart Pine Green, gold glitter spray and some varnish spray.  The veins of the leaf were debossed to darken them and I had to go over the text around the edge of the leaf with black pen as the Pan Pastels had faded it to much.  To finish off the leaf I added a wee ladybug :) :) :)
The card was made up of several layers, the base layer being green mulberry paper which I wet the edges of and frayed.  Next a plain white mount which I embossed with a leaf pattern.  Next was to die cut the quilted background using the Tattered Lace Quilted Cushion die and I then placed the outside square using another Tattered Lace die, Chatsworth Scallop Square.
To finish of my card which I am using as a notelet to write to my mother I added a very special glass pendant.  The glass is recycled and from Kenya.  I lived with my folks for some time in Kenya so I know my mum is going to like this addition.  Finally a white bow and a wee green button and there we have it, all done.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Leaf by Coosty Creations
  • Colouring medium - Pan Pastels
  • Dies - Tattered Lace Quilted Cushion and Chatsworth Scallop Square
  • From my Stash - ladybird, button, Luminart Pine Green, gold glitter spray, varnish spray, ribbon, glass pendant, pearls and mulberry paper
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jane, what a gorgeous creation! Such a simple image, but your treatment of it just transformed it to the most beautiful card. Love everything about it. Hugs, Maggie, DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jane. The green gives it a really calm feel. The layers look great. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation love the little added lady but and leaf, very elegant looking, great design. Thanks for sharing at Crafting for all Seasons, hope to see you again. Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi