Followers

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Nectar of Life

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Nectar of Life  by Charmaine Flannery which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in both rubber and digi.  I so love decorating my candles and what a great feeling when just the right image is found :) :) I have a passion for Native American themed images so you can imagine I was in my element with this creation.

To begin with I printed my candle wrapper on tissue paper.  The image in the background is a photo and I added some feathers using a Photoshop brush by Obsidian Dawn.  Next I added the digi image and added the name of the digi to the left hand side.
The image was coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos coloured pencils.
I have a few wax strips which are for candles and I often use to finish off the top of the candle but today I am trying something new.  Using some wax sheet I bought ages ago and so far have not been able to work out what to do with them lol, I have tired using a small cutter today which I have for Silver Metal Clay work.  Worked pretty well and I cut loads of these wee ovals and used them to decorate the top of the candle to hide where the wrapper end.
Still feeling like experimenting I have used and embossing folder to make a light impression on the gold wax discs.  I did try pressing harder but then the discs clung to the embossing folder so that was not working.  Have to think of something else I can try in the future.
To finish off the candle I added some gold candle bronzing powder and some gold trim on the bottom edge.  Last job was to varnish the candle with candle varnish, a water based varnish especially for candles and fire safe. All parts, with the exception of the bottom trim are fire safe, I don't mind using something not so fire friendly at the base of the candle as this is a long way from the naked flame and I am sure the candle would be thrown away long before it burns to the area of the trim.  If you would like to see how I do my candles I have a wee video you can watch.  Candle Wrapper Video

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Nectar of Life  by Charmaine Flannery
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos
  • Dies - I used a small cutter designed for Silver Metal Clay
  • From my Stash - Candle, candle varnish, candle gold bronzing powder, gold trim
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is awesome like the background you created with the butterflies and feathers. Gorgeous coloring of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty project and lovely image! Thanks for sharing at Simply Papercraft.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi