Followers

Sunday, January 25, 2015

SPS - Swinging in the Stars

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Artist Week where the whole DT use images for the same artist which this week is MAIGAN LYNN and I am using the image 'Swinging in the Stars'  available from the Sweet Pea Store.  This image is available in both rubber and as a digi.

For this creation I have made a box to hold 'Post It' notes, a small pad of paper and a pencil.

To begin with I printed the image twice, one image to work with and the other in case I mess up (which I did hahahaha).  Hubby bought me some new crayons the other day - Derwent Artist, so I decided to do my colouring sitting in my chair while watching TV instead of in my craft area.  Now that, I have to admit, I really enjoyed.  However, the following morning I was not very happy with my colouring, the image looked very flat.  The crayons are lovely to use, wax based, but I am finding it very hard to build up the contrast even when working lightly to build up the colour.  To try and rectify this I added some Promarker colour (bad idea as it was impossible to blend) and also painted the background with some turquoise glitter paint over the background I had coloured the night before (another bad idea as I ended up painting over parts of the digi).  Right, how to sort this - colour the second digi and fussy cut to put on top hahahahaha.  Again I used the Derwent Artist crayons and with better light and adding black was able to build up the dark areas a bit better.  Still not happy though.

I should add that before I printed the image I added a poem to the moon, this is not part of the original digi.

 Next to prep the card to make the box and outside cover.
 I painted the box and cover with the same blue glitter paint I used on the digi background and then added some purple lace to the top of the box.
On the front of the box I added a couple of metal decorative bit I picked up in a local shop sale basket.
 Onto the pencil.  Using my lovely free IKEA mini pencils I painted it with gold paint.  I then drilled a hole through the top of the pencil and added a beaded chain made up of beads to match the box and digi. I then threaded the wire through the hole, added another bead and passed the wire back through the hole. To finish off I twisted the wire round the pencil to hold it tight.  This is my newest way of attaching my bead chains to the pencils and certainly the most successful so far.
 Here we have the completed box.
 And this is the top view.  The digi is mounted on gold glitter foam and the die is cut from the same material, really funky stuff.  Think I picked this up in the Range amongst the kids craft stuff and it was so cheap, just goes to show you don't need to buy all the expensive goodies out there to work with <g>.  The die used is Joanna Sheen - Large Filigree Fan


Ingredients:-
  • Image -  'Swinging in the Stars' by Maigan Lynn available from the Sweet Pea Store.
  • Colouring media - Derwant Artist crayons and turquoise glitter paint 
  • Die - Joanna Sheen - Large Filigree Fan
  • Lace, stars, foam sheet etc. from my stash
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi