Followers

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stylized Flower


Cherry Lyn have a challenge on the go, 'Die Cut Flowers' using their dies.  Now I have a few Cherry Lyn dies but no flowers so really had to think outside the box to join in lol.  For this card I used the Cherry Lyn Dream Catcher die which I cut 6 times using off white pearl finished paper, it is not showing to well in the photo but does have a lovely sheen in real life.  I cut off the bits I didn't need for the die leaving only the circle shape.  Each circle was folded to form the petals of my flower which I then attached to a small holding square.  To finish it off I added turquoise and silver Stickles and a gem in the centre which alas was green so got the Promarker attack, using Turquoise Promarker to colour it so it toned in correctly.  The flourish is another Cherry Lyn die which I cut using 8 layers of heavy duty tin foil (aluminum foil), I love this idea of using the metal foil for dies.  I created the sentiment which I printed on grey pearl paper and cut out using Spellbinder Scalloped Circles.  To finish the card off I added three turquoise buttons which I touched up with wee dots of sliver Stickles.  I should mention that I used black matting paper which I embossed with an Embossilicious 6x6 folder.  I am just looking a the photo and that is not showing up too wee either - obviously my camera and I are having a bad day lol.

Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Dies - Cherry Lyn Dream Catcher and Tropical Flourish and Spellbinders Grand Scallop Circles
  • Embossilicious Embossing Folder
  • White and Grey pearl paper from my stash, along with the buttons, stickles etc.
  • Stickles, buttons etc. from my stash
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so pretty and such gorgeous colours too. Cutting 8 layers of aluminium foil together intrigues me ....The embellishment looks very stable and aren't the edges lovely? Using your Dreamcatcher die has created a very pretty flower and the delicate embellishments are gorgeous. Only question. ?....why did you post this card and not give me a nudge ......You know how much I love all your creativity. Love you xxx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi, what a great way to create your flower, very lovely. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi Beautiful card. I love the way you have used the dream catcher. Very creative. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn challenge. Good Luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi