Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gone But Not Forgotten

I don't have many sympathy cards at the ready in case they are needed and the ones I have are mostly blues or mauves (my favourite colours <g>) so, with that in mind and having had a bit of fun outside of my comfort zone I thought I would create another card for the Addicted To Stamps colour challenge - Canary, Grey and Black.  I don't often enter more than one card into a challenge so this is a bit unusual for me.

For this card I matted with black for the high contrast.  Next I printed the digi - Flower Cross by Jim of Justinklined and my chosen sentiment.  The digi was masked so I could create the graduated yellow to grey I used Promarkers - Canary, Ice Grey 1, 3 and 4 which were applied with my trusty spray gun.  Next I coloured the digi, again with the same Promarker colours.  To finish off the digi I printed it a second time on vellum and coloured the flowers with, guess what <g> Promarker Canary and the blender pen, these were then cut out and bent a bit to give them dimension then attached on top of the original flowers in the digi.  The centres were dotted with Yellow Stickles and one blob of grey Liquid Pearls.  I used some white lace which I again coloured with the Canary Promarker and then added some lovely velvet leaves ribbon I had hiding in my stash.  Finally I added some white flowers which I coloured with canary again, the pearls were white so I coloured them and the stems with my black Promarker.  Think that just about sums up what I did <g>.
Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card and black paper from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Flower Cross by Jim of Justinklined
  • ProMarkers - Canary Yellow, Ice Grey 1-5, Black and Blender
  • Lace, flowers, bow, Stickles and Liquid Pearls from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

11 comments:

  1. Mimi this is beautiful. The cross is stunning and the little details of gems etc really make this speacial. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful condolence card that I'm sure will give a lot of comfort to the recipient in their dark days. The sentiment has given me such a big lump in my throat, so sensitive, comforting and supportive. Using the canary yellow with the grey and black seems very symbolic to me. In the depth of darkness, brighter days will return. Gosh, this is a serious post but that can be explained when I say that this card has moved me deeply. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant and incredible condolence card,,,,,,mimi,,,,,love the colors and all over these gorgeus yellow flowers.woww,wowwwwww,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous - so glad that you decided to join us with 2 cards this time at ATS&M. I love all your extra details. It is a lovely sympathy card. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner Jane. It is hard to believe that you are out of your comfort zone with these colours. So pleased you decided to enter 2 cards. Great to hear you are having fun. It makes it all worth while. Thank you so much for playing along with the ATS&M challenge.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Very pretty sympathy card - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the image, and you have colored it wonderfully....thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Mimi, so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful. Love that sentiment, so strong and powerful. Thanks so much for joining us over at Aud Sentiments Challenge blog.

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi, your card is just gorgeous! The colours and shading are beautiful as is the sentiment. Did you download the sentiment as a digi image or just print it out? I love the font and it is so meaningful.

    Jean
    jeantall@bordernet.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant card and great colour combination. Beautiful sentiment.

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi