Followers

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Special Card

OK, so I have called this card 'A Special Card' for a particular reason.  It is my sisters Birthday card and I know she will be checking the blog but it is not her Birthday yet, in fact she will have to wait a month before getting in.  I am trying to fill space so you don't scroll down Ingrid and have a sneak peek at your card but I think I am going to fail <g>

I have recently started making digital stamp and paper packs which are available through the StitchyBear Digital Outlet and the inspiration for this pack is from a photo I have of my sister's cat called Millie. Beautiful Millie was a lucky cat, not the most beautiful on the outside but so special on the inside.  She had had a bit of a rough start to life and my sister, on a visit to the cattery for strays fell instantly in love with her and took her home.  Alas Millie is no longer with us but she was a very special girl and a good friend to my cat Boss.  I honestly believe, when a cat chooses to love you, you know you have a friend for life.  They are such independent creatures who make many of their own choices in life, so when they allow you to share their world with them it is a very precious time.   I know this card has the words on the front relating to the special friendship and there is no sign of "Happy Birthday', this is because I suspect my sister will frame this card to put on her wall and I really don't think she wants to be reminded of how old she is every time she looks at it!!!!! :) :) :)  I hope when my sister does read this she will have a loving, warm feeling inside knowing Millie is imortalised in the digital world.


Although I have not taken a picture of the inside of the card I did finish everything off.  Although I only used one of the design papers from the Coosty Creations pack on the outside I did use the others for the insert.  The inside and I had a bit of a bad time, it was all fine until I decided to use a Fiskers corner punch to add some hearts.  Grrrrrrrrr stupid punch decided to lock up on me, no amount of tin foil or wax paper pre punching to keep it working has worked.  The end result was a bit of paddy from me as I banged and banged the punch on the table to make it release it's locked jaws from my paper.  In the end, not only did it release it jaws it fell apart :)  I just had to take a picture of the punch before it was chucked in the bin.






Recipe:-
  • Purrrfect Digital Stamp and Paper Pack by Coosty Creations, available from the StitchBear Digital Outlet
  • White Linen cardstock from Craft Creations
  • Dies which I cut on my Black Cat
  • Digi was coloured with ProMarkers - Pastel Beige, Umber, Pastel Pink, Cool Aqua, Arctic Blue, Petrol Blue and Metallic Copper.  Digi and dies were attached with foam tape for a 3d effect.
  • Lace, gems, charm and foam tape from my stash
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

24 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card, thanks for showing it for papermiuntes.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautiful card. I love your design and the elements you used and I love the photo of the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your story and your card with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one lovely card. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. I love your image and perfect colouring.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your creation at That Craft Place this time.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling card. Love the details. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and very kindly card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again for our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet sentiment. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fab card ,love the cat and the sentiment is lovely
    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers challenge. and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card, but sadly I have to tell you that we allow only four other challenges entered with a project besides ours, so we cannot consider your entry with any prize draws :(

    Thank you anyway for joining us at TIOT!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet, love the image and all the detail. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I've had those moments with punches. You are brave to show the remains...Sometimes they just refuse to do their job.

    Your card is so poignant, it made me reflect on my felines, I love them to pieces and am always amazed at how comforting they are - people who don't know cats always say they are so aloof but I find that NOT to be the case. This captures that sentiment wonderfully. Thank you for sharing this treasure with us at Opus Gluei! I hope you check us out for future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Card! Thanks for joining us this week at CWLC Blog.

    Chris B.- DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, what a darling kitty! Your card is gorgeous, the orange background and the cut-outs are fab! Your sister will love this! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a precious card. I love the colors and that precious cat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, fab colours and design.

    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cat! Great card!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Songbird Challengeblog :)

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really beautiful creation.
    Thanks so much for taking part in my MMM handmade embellishment challenge and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card love your image

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting When we Can

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jane, thank you so much for all the thought and all the work you put into creating this most special birthday card for me. You know just what a special cat Millie was to me so to create a digi stamp from one of our favourite photographs of Millie, then to create such lovely complementary backing papers .... I'm moved beyond words. What a lovely memory to Millie. Picture frame top of my shopping list :-) and I hope many cat lovers enjoy your stamp and paper pack for many years to come. Love you treasure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely card and I'm sure your sister will adore it. :-)
    Oh, I had problems with those little Fiskars things to and did exactly the same as you !! LoL Bin fodder :-)
    Another set of papers I may have to go and buy :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi